[Ndn-interest] Standard Naming Convention

L.Zeynalvand zeynalvand at ce.sharif.edu
Wed Apr 16 04:49:56 PDT 2014

Hi
What has been confusing me for a while is the exact meaning of
"Standard Naming Convention" indicating segmentation, as far as I could
guess from the word convention, it should be something between the
producer and consumers, hence opaque to the network, making it difficult
to benefit from content caching. so lets say I am a consumer who wants
to get /prefix/movie.mpeg from NDN network (simulating in ndnSim), and
producer knows that movie.mpeg is segmented into
/prefix/movie.mpeg/%00/%01 , /prefix/movie.mpeg/%00/%02 ,
/prefix/movie.mpeg/%00/%03
what should I do to get movie.mpeg and also benefit from content
caching (if segments are already in my ISP's cache, its not efficient to
get them from producer)

Best Regards,

--
Leonid Zeynalvand