[Mini-NDN] Cannot add FIB entry /localhost/nfd (10060 request timed out)

Saurab Dulal (sdulal) sdulal at memphis.edu
Mon Jan 18 09:21:39 PST 2021

Hi Jaicheng,

Mini-NDN is an emulator toot, not a simulator. It runs real instances of NDN packages i.e. nfd, nlsr, sync and so on. So, it won't run faster than the real instances, give and take a few milliseconds. There is a limit on how faster you can add prefix to the current nfd (see the Redmine issues referenced below). If you want to simulate your experiments, you can use ndnSIM (https://ndnsim.net/current/).

Mini-NDN uses nfdc wrapper to add prefixes https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/master/minindn/helpers/nfdc.py.

You can increase the sleep time here: https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/master/minindn/helpers/nfdc.py#L27. But this will slow down your experiment by the multiple of sleep time and prefix count.

Saurab,