[Mini-NDN] Prefix registration failed, Reason=request timed out

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Mon Jan 4 10:28:33 PST 2021

You need to have some delay between the prefix registrations otherwise some of them will fail.

Lan

On Jan 4, 2021, at 11:51 AM, JIACHENG HOU via Mini-NDN <mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu<mailto:mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu>> wrote:

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and trust the content is safe.

Hi Mini-NDN team.

I am trying to use ndn-traffic-generator in Mini-NDN to generate traffic. When I register 10000 prefixes for ndn-traffic-server, from the 3899th prefix to the 10000th prefix, I get the error "Prefix registration failed, Reason=request timed out". There is a similar problem at the link https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2174.
Does this mean that I should not register so many prefixes at the same time? So if I want to register 10000 prefixes, I should register 1000 prefixes, wait for a while, then register 1000 prefixes, wait for a while, etc. Am I understanding correctly?

Besides, may I ask another question? Is it possible to speed up simulation to faster than real time in Mini-NDN?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes.
Jiacheng