[Mini-NDN] SDN in MiniNDN

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Sun Nov 8 07:53:32 PST 2020

NDN just uses the underlying network as connectivity.  You can probably use SDN to manage the underlying network but we have not tried this.

Lan

On Nov 7, 2020, at 12:01 PM, Andre via Mini-NDN <mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu<mailto:mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu>> wrote:

Hello!

I am looking to experiment mixing SDN and NDN networks and was wondering if there is any support for that already implemented. I know that MiniNDN is a fork of Mininet and Mininet runs on SDN, but does that apply to the way how NFD and NLSR route packets?

Doing some research, I found this thread from january 2019: https://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/mini-ndn/2019-January/000538.html, does this mean that I can simply plug a Ryu Controller into that Mininet constructor and have SDN running for the NDN network?

Best regards,

André Dexheimer Carneiro