[Mini-NDN] [EXT] ERROR: Failed to register prefix (authorization rejected)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 19 01:00:16 PDT 2020

Hi Nazatul

This is caused by multiple producers trying to register prefixes
simultaneously.
Prefix registration uses signed Interests. If two signed Interests are
signed by the same key but processed out of order, the validator will
reject them. See
https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2293

To solve this issue, give each producer a separate KeyChain by setting
distinct values in NDN_CLIENT_PIB and NDN_CLIENT_TPM environment variables,
so that they sign the signed Interests with distinct keys.
Ideally this logic should be provided by Mini-NDN scripts.

Yours, Junxiao