[Mini-NDN] [URGNET] Help with mini ndn simulation

Zakaria SABIR zakaria.sabir at uit.ac.ma
Tue Nov 26 01:49:38 PST 2019

Thanks. In fact, I have tried to use it months ago but I didn't
well understand it. I think I have to try again.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 5:51 PM Lan Wang (lanwang) <lanwang at memphis.edu>
wrote:

> For now I think you will have to try ndnSIM.
>
> Lan
>
> On Nov 23, 2019, at 3:47 AM, Zakaria SABIR <zakaria.sabir at uit.ac.ma>
> wrote:
>
> Thank you all for your answers.
>
> Since Mini-NDN doesn't support vehicular NDN, could you please guide me to
> another simulator that I can use? I think SUMO is just a traffic generator,
> and can't run vehicular NDN simulations.
>
> Kind regards.
> Zakaria
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 8:57 PM Lan Wang (lanwang) <lanwang at memphis.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Alex,
>>
>> I’m cc’ing the original poster since you replied to me only.
>>
>> Lan
>>
>> On Nov 22, 2019, at 12:55 PM, Alexander Wilhelm Lane (awlane) <
>> awlane at memphis.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Piggybacking off the SUMO integration sounds like your best bet at the
>> moment. There are *very* WIP changes on our Gerrit for Wifi but I cannot
>> promise anything (especially in regard to SUMO stuff), we are in the middle
>> of a major redesign.
>>
>> I would suggest you get familiar with SUMO in terms of data collection
>> and topology design, as it's the primary backbone in this regard for VANET
>> research in the libraries we're dependent on. We will ideally have formal
>> support sooner rather than later, though I would second most of the other
>> points made.
>>
>> -Alex
>>
>> On November 22, 2019 9:00:49 AM CST, "Lan Wang (lanwang)" <
>> lanwang at memphis.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> The WiFi support is in the works.  I’m cc’ing Alex Lane who’s been
>>> working on it.  Although we don’t have an official release date yet, we are
>>> hoping to release it soon.
>>>
>>> Lan
>>>
>>> On Nov 22, 2019, at 8:58 AM, Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) <
>>> agawande at memphis.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Mini-NDN does not support vehicular NDN or any WiFi emulations yet.
>>> You cannot run Mini-NDN experiments from the GUI. Only bring up a
>>> topology.
>>>
>>> Ashlesh

Zakaria SABIR, Ph.D. Student, Computer Sciences, Connected Vehicles,
Systems Engineering Laboratory, National School of Applied Sciences
<http://ensa.uit.ac.ma/>,
Ibn Tofail University <http://www.uit.ac.ma/>, Kenitra, Morocco

zaksabir at gmail.com ; zakaria.sabir at uit.ac.ma

*Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you have
to.*
ᐧ