[Mini-NDN] Nearest router which cached file strategy

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Oct 29 02:35:42 PDT 2018

Hi Sepehr

I read Chapter 4 but I still don't know how to approach it in mini-ndn.
> What I exactly want to do is implementing two strategies:
> Strategy 1: the content for the interest comes from the nearest node which
> has cached it.

“nearest” cannot be achieved with flooding, because path congestion and
node overload would slow down data reply.
FNR seems to have this “nearest cached copy” through a track server, but I
don’t know how it works.
https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/16-icccn-nearest.pdf

Strategy 2: lets say N nodes have cached the data I want. two of them are
> chosen randomly and between these two, the data should be received from the
> one with less load.

You can’t choose “two of them” because you don’t know who has cached data.
The network simply floods the Interest and whoever has the data will
answer. The answer that arrives first wins. If a node is overloaded, a path
is long, or a path has congestion, the data would arrive late and be
dropped.

> How can I approach the problem of implementing these two strategies?

Self-learning is in the process of being implemented. Check back in a few
months.