[Mini-NDN] NFD - mechanism for requesting general status dataset

Aman Maldar amanmaldar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:10:52 PDT 2018

Hello All,

I am referring back to the old question at link below. This is related to
(nfdc status show)
https://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/nfd-dev/2018-February/003073.html

I have a question on following as mentioned by *Mr. Afanasyev, *

>* nfdc doesn't calculate anything, rather just requesting stats from NFD and then reporting it to you.
*

Question:  (I might be completely wrong with my assumption)
How is this data-set published by NFD? What mechanism is used to publish
data?
Is it like socket arrangement or publisher/listener module?
Also, If I understand correctly this data-set is periodically updated,
correct ?

I appreciate your help and time.

--
*Regards,*