[Mini-NDN] Throughput Measurement limited to 10 Mbps?

Aman Maldar amanmaldar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 11:46:48 PST 2018

Hello All,
Short Question -   Is my experiment limited by the fact that interest
packets are generated at 1ms duration? How do I generate fast interests?

Long Question -
I have a simple consumer and producer topology. I am trying to measure
throughput.

producer -  ndnputchunks /ndn/d-site/d/100MB.txt < files/100MB.txt
consumer -   ndncatchunks -d iterative -v /ndn/d-site/d/100MB.txt &>
/home/100mb.txt

Everything works fine. Now I know there are 23832 chunks generated by
ndnputchunks.
So, my producer send 23832 requests to fetch those chunks. I timed this
experiment.
Time = 11108.2489491 ms
Total size of interest sent + data received = 109.75 Mb

The observation is the throughput ( 109.75 / 11.10 ) is around 10Mbps. I
have tried this with ndnping and ndnpingserver application as well,
I still get throughput of 10mbps.

I am running my experiments on 2 machines connected over 100G link. I have
tried the same on mini-ndn as well.
Is this experiment limited by the fact that interest packets are generated
at 1ms duration by ndncat and ndnping?
How do I generate fast interests?

I appreciate your time and help.
--