[Mini-NDN] namespace scope

Muktadir R Chowdhury (mrchwdhr) mrchwdhr at memphis.edu
Sun Nov 11 13:59:08 PST 2018

what namespace should I use so that d be able to fetch f1 from a and I don't encounter noRoute error when I am using ndncatchunks in d?

Whatever name prefix you used to put the data in "a" using ndnpuchunks. You need to add route<http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/current/manpages/nfdc-route.html> for that name prefix so that NFD knows where to forward Interest for this prefix. If "a" has the data, then need to add route from "b" to "a", "c" to "b", and "d" to "c".

Alternatively, if you are using NLSR then you can just add the name prefix in "a" using nlsrc advertise <https://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/0.4.0/manpages/nlsrc.html> . Then nlsr will take care of the rest. If you have a large topology then this is what you should do.

Also is there any way to understand which node is actually sending you the datapacket?

I don't think there is an easy way, other than to inspect the nfd.log on each node, since NDN is server agnostic.

-Muktadir

what namespace should I use so that d be able to fetch f1 from a and I don't encounter noRoute error when I am using ndncatchunks in d?

Also is there any way to understand which node is actually sending you the datapacket? lets say we have a large topology and multiple nodes have cached f1 and d is requesting f1, Is there any way to know which node is sending you the f1?

Best,
Sepehr