[Mini-NDN] Mini-NDN/mnndn Popen?

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Wed Jun 6 08:27:11 PDT 2018

Begin forwarded message:

From: Alexander Lane <awlane at memphis.edu<mailto:awlane at memphis.edu>>
Subject: Mini-NDN/mnndn Popen?
Date: June 6, 2018 at 9:17:16 AM CDT
To: mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu<mailto:mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu>

Sorry to bother you all, but I've encountered somewhat of a roadblock and was hoping to get some help.

I recently stumbled across the popen issue<https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4078> and found both that the environment fix seemed to work as well as that mnndn<https://github.com/yoursunny/mnndn/blob/f490a83dfbfb8ee557bb3134484572f51f2da3d7/mnndn/ndn/NdnHost.py#L10-L15> has a more robust solution that can execute on clusters.

While the environment fix that Ashlesh shows makes sense, I'm currently unclear on the thought process behind some of the directories Dr. Shi marks for being made private, especially /etc/ndn. As it is blocking my current work from being satisfactory completed, would it be possible for someone with an understanding of the code base to briefly run down what it is doing with it such that I can bring it over to Mini-NDN? I apologize if this is an overly broad request, however I want to avoid reinventing the wheel to fix this as it seems to be a solved problem.

-Alex