[Mini-NDN] minindn default topology issues

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Wed Apr 4 09:03:14 PDT 2018

Mininet uses the IP of the node's first interface, eth0, to ping.

The default topology is as follows:

c-a-b-d

mini-ndn>a ifconfig

a-eth0: 1.0.0.1

a-eth1: 1.0.0.5

mini-ndn>c ifconfig

c-eth0: 1.0.0.6

a and b are connected as:

When you do "a ping c", mininet gets the IP of the default interface of c which is 1.0.0.6 and the ping is successful.

When you do "c ping a", the default interface's IP is 1.0.0.1 which does not have a direct connection to c's interface.

Ashlesh