[Mini-NDN] metric collection

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Wed Jan 25 07:40:09 PST 2017

You can turn on ndndump on all the nodes:

for host in net.hosts:
        for intf in host.intfNames():
            ndnDumpOutputFile = "dump.%s" % intf
            host.cmd("sudo ndndump -i %s > %s &" % (intf, ndnDumpOutputFile))

You can use the iperf command for network characteristics:
(example: https://github.com/mininet/mininet/blob/master/examples/intfoptions.py)

For timeouts and overhead of LS and HR you can count the sync messages in the ndndump.