[Mini-NDN] NLSR Configuration File

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Sat Apr 8 17:49:11 PDT 2017

There is no configuration option regarding the PIT in NFD's configuration file.

If you want some information about the PIT you would have to add logging messages to the PIT class in NFD and compile and install it again.

1) Where to add PIT logging in NFD:

https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/master/daemon/table/pit.cpp

2) How to add it (from NFD developer guide: https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ndn-0021-7-nfd-developer-guide.pdf):

To enable NFD logging in a new module, very few actions are required from the developer:
• include core/logger.hpp header file
• declare logging module using NFD_LOG_INIT() macros
• use NFD_LOG_(statement to log) in the source code
So something like this can be added in pit.cpp:

NFD_LOG_INIT("Pit");

3) How to turn it on in Mini-NDN:

In /usr/local/etc/ndn/nfd.conf (if this is not present, then /usr/local/etc/ndn/nfd.conf.sample) add:

Pit DEBUG

here: https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/master/nfd.conf.sample.in#L29

Then check the logs in /tmp/<node-name>/<node-name>.log

Ashlesh