[Mini-NDN] directory </var/log/nlsr/> does not exist

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:10:02 PDT 2016

You can see a detailed example here:

https://github.com/named-data/NLSR/blob/master/docs/ROUTER-CONFIG.rst

Ashlesh

________________________________
From: Mini-NDN <mini-ndn-bounces at lists.cs.ucla.edu> on behalf of Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) <agawande at memphis.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 4:06:04 PM
To: sepehr abdous
Cc: mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: [Mini-NDN] directory </var/log/nlsr/> does not exist

Have you run Mini-NDN? When you run it (sudo minindn), go and look into /tmp/a/nlsr.conf

and you will find that the log directory is /tmp/a/log/ which exists (check by cd /tmp/a/log).

In /tmp/a/nlsr.conf you will also find the neighbors of 'a' configured in the neighbors section.

https://github.com/named-data/NLSR/blob/master/nlsr.conf#L44

Also look at the router name of 'a' in /tmp/a/nlsr.conf

https://github.com/named-data/NLSR/blob/master/nlsr.conf#L9

If you open /tmp/b/nlsr.conf and look at the neighbors you would find the router name of 'a' configured there.

Now when you want to run NLSR independently of Mini-NDN you need to do these changes yourself (manually).

Suppose you have two machines a and b.

Make a new directory where you would want to store the log file of NLSR. Example:

/home/a/NLSR/logs.

Then put this path at:

https://github.com/named-data/NLSR/blob/master/nlsr.conf#L37

and at

https://github.com/named-data/NLSR/blob/master/nlsr.conf#L38

Change "pollux" in https://github.com/named-data/NLSR/blob/master/nlsr.conf#L9

to "a"

And in the neighbors section configure the neighbor b by putting its name and IP and link-cost.

Repeat the same for machine b.

Then you can run NLSR on both the machines who have each others as neighbors.

Ashlesh