[Mini-NDN] mini ndn performance

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Thu Aug 27 08:04:04 PDT 2015

Scalability depends on the amount of CPU you have since we are running multiple instances of NFD and NLSR plus any other traffic.

It also depends on how much logging you have turned on and how much other things you are logging simultaneously.

If you are logging a lot of things I would suggest switching to RAM disk
(http://www.jamescoyle.net/how-to/943-create-a-ram-disk-in-linux)

And change all the instances of /tmp in mini-ndn to /mnt/ramdisk (if that is the name you have chosen for your ram disk).

If logging is not high then you will have to switch to a machine which has more CPU/cores.

Ashlesh