[Nfd-dev] NFD instantiation error

Gias, Rayhan rayhan.gias at hs-emden-leer.de
Mon Oct 17 07:16:30 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run NFD on Jetson Nano. I have followed the installation steps as mentioned on https://github.com/named-data/NFD. Installed all the pre-requisites but cant launch the NFD.
While configuring, I did not get any error. I am sharing the ./waf configure output below:

```

$ ./waf configure
Setting top to                           : /home/XXX/Desktop/tm/NFD
Setting out to                           : /home/XXX/Desktop/tm/NFD/build
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking C++ compiler version            : 7.5.0
Checking supported CXXFLAGS              : -std=c++17
Checking supported LINKFLAGS             : not found
Checking for program 'doxygen'           : not found
Checking for program 'tar'               : /bin/tar
Checking for program 'sphinx-build'      : not found
Checking for program 'bash'              : /bin/bash
Checking for program 'dot'               : not found
Checking for program 'pkgconf, pkg-config' : /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for 'libndn-cxx'                  : yes
Checking for 'libsystemd'                  : not found
Checking for librt library                 : yes
Checking for libresolv library             : yes
Checking if privilege drop/elevation is supported : yes
Checking for header valgrind/valgrind.h           : not found
Checking for program 'dpkg-architecture'          : /usr/bin/dpkg-architecture
Checking boost includes                           : 1.76.0
Checking boost libs                               : boost_system boost_program_options boost_filesystem
Checking for boost linkage                        : ok
Checking if Unix sockets are supported            : yes
Checking for libpcap library                      : yes
Checking for WebSocket++ includes                 : 0.8.1
Checking supported CXXFLAGS                       : -O2 -g -pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-parameter -fdiagnostics-color
Checking supported LINKFLAGS                      : -Wl,-O1
'configure' finished successfully (8.658s)
```

NFD is built successfully but while launching the NFD, it throws the following error:

```
ERROR: boost::filesystem::status: Function not implemented: "/home/XXX/.ndn/client.conf"
ERROR: Cannot load '-': malformed TLV or not in base64 format (Decode error during load: Buffer is empty)
NFD version 22.02-25-gb83d3df2 starting
Built with GNU C++ version 10.3.0, with GNU libstdc++ version 20210408, with Boost version 1.76.0, with libpcap version 1.8.1, with WebSocket++ version 0.8.1, with ndn-cxx version 0.8.0-49-g8fbffe45
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::filesystem::filesystem_error'
  what():  boost::filesystem::status: Function not implemented: "/home/XXX/.ndn/client.conf"
 ```

Can anyone please guide me why I am getting this error?

Jetson Nano details:
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Kernel Version: 4.9.140-tegra

Best regards,