[Nfd-dev] Please, help us with the developing of XBee transport in the NFD

Oscar Jaime Ciceri Coral oscarcicericoral at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 07:27:23 PDT 2019

Dear NFD Team,

We are postgraduate students from the State University of Campinas
(UNICAMP) in Brazil. We are working with a public enterprise to developed
an XBee transport mechanism in the NDN forwarding daemon  (NFD). We also
saw you are contributing to the NFD project.

In the current state of our project, we developed an XBee library that we
integrated into NFD. However, we have an error in the XBee Factory,
specifically in the NFD REGISTER PROTOCOL FACTORY  to register the new
transport.  After executing the command "nfd-start" is showed the error:
FATAL: [nfd.Main] basic_string::_M_construct null not valid.

We want to kindly ask you, if can you help us, to give some idea to resolve
this problem?. Also, we would like to request you, if you have a template
to developed the transports in the NFD?

In advance, thank you so much for your help.