[Nfd-dev] ndnping

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 30 06:37:26 PST 2018

Hi Guiseppe

What is the Interest interval from each ndnping? `ndnping /app1` without
any other argument gives an Interest interval of 1000ms, i.e. the producer
answers nine Interests per second. At such a low rate, your problem is not
congestion or processing overhead, but somewhere else.
I saw you are using UDP. 6KB is above the default Ethernet MTU, so the IP
stack is going to fragment the IP packet.

Are your two nodes directly connected? If yes, use Ethernet instead of UDP.
If there are multiple hops, do you control every link? If yes, increase MTU
so that the Data packets fit in MTU and thus do not require IP
fragmentation.
If you cannot control every link, ask your network administrator to fix
problems in their middleboxes (especially firewalls and NAT routers). An
IP-complaint node is required to forward fragmented IP packets correctly,
and not drop or alter them.

Yours, Junxiao