[Nfd-dev] [Ndn-interest] UDP_retransmissiom

Eric Newberry enewberry at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 11 21:44:58 PST 2018

Hi Giuseppe,

The reliability system transmits the packet up to maxRetx + 1 times,
once for each time an acknowledgement is not received (disregarding the
last unacknowledged attempt).

The RTO is determined (and is continually updated based upon packet
RTTs) using a hardcoded mechanism. It would not be possible to change
this without modifying and recompiling NFD. More specifically, it uses
the TCP RTO calculation (SRTT + 4 * RTTVAR).

Eric