[Nfd-dev] [Ndn-interest] dead_nonce_list

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 8 06:08:32 PST 2018

Hi Giuseppe

> I have a problem when I forward some interest packets: every time the NFD
> manages the dead nonce list, my web demo is blocked and interest packets
> are not sent anymore.
>
> What do you mean by "NFD manages the dead nonce list"?
What does "manage" mean?
How do you know NFD is "managing" the dead nonce list?

What do you mean by "demo is blocked and interest packets are not sent
anymore"?
If it is a latency issue, what's the latency you observed, and what's your
expectation?

> Only after the management of the dead nonce list the execution of the
> interest packets is normal again.
>
> How often does it happen?
How quickly (in milliseconds) does it recover to normal state?
How quickly do you expect it to recover to normal state?

> I don't think this kind of behavior is normal, even because the dead nonce
> list is set very often by NFD.
>
> I increased the interest life time to 20 seconds, but the situation is not
> changed.

InterestLifetime usually has nothing to do with this.

Finally, please describe your environment, topology, and provide a tcpdump
trace, as requested in
http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/nfd-dev/2016-May/001748.html .
Make sure you include all requested information. If anything is missing,
you'll be asked to supplement them, and that delays problem resolution.