[Nfd-dev] How far that we can do inside NFD forwarding strategy virtual class?

Mahyuddin Husairi mahyuddin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 22:09:58 PDT 2017

I want to develop a new forwarding strategy which has some extra features
apart on just managing interest forwarding. But im a bit clueless about
which NFD API can be access inside forwarding strategy and which are not.

For example,
1. How to react to after receive data event which are not supported in
forwarding strategy?
2.  How to capture information (e.g name prefix and upstream face) from
data packet in forwarding strategy to become a new FIB entry (content
discovery through reactive content routing).
3. Create our own broadcast suppression method as friend method/function of
forwarding strategy virtual class instead external method inside other
class?

My point is i want to avoid any extra modification of forwarding pipeline
other than inside forwarding strategy itself or any possibility to modify
ndnlpv2 or even worst ndn-cxx for extra packet header or additional data
structure.

--
Human knowledge Belongs to The World