[Nfd-dev] Fwd: [Operators] "No buffer space available"

Dehart, John jdd at wustl.edu
Tue Sep 5 07:59:54 PDT 2017

All:

(Moving this to nfd-dev)

Seems like we are having a lot of FATAL errors and other issues with the
current installation.

I am seeing this error on the CSU node right now.

ndnops at mccoy:~$ nfdc status show
error while connecting to the forwarder (No buffer space available)
ndnops at mccoy:~$

I have also had the following error on UCLA recently:

1504524817.021009 FATAL: [NFD] std::bad_alloc

I’m also investigating other nodes that have restarted in the last couple of days.

I am about to install a scheme for running the nodes in the Testbed in DEBUG and when nfd
restarts, capture the current set of nfd.log files. I have nfd.log being rotated and am only saving
the last 10 copies of 10MB each. So, they can disappear fairly quickly with DEBUG turned on.
But with my scheme I should be able to save copies of anything FATAL that happened recently.
I’ll also be collecting ‘nfdc face list’ info so we can know what faces were pointing where when
something FATAL happened.

I’m open to other suggestions.

John

Begin forwarded message: