[Nfd-dev] NDN Traceroute

Luca Muscariello luca.muscariello at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 13:55:12 PDT 2017

We have used path-labels for measuring RTTs of network paths for optimising
flow and congestion control since

Multipath congestion control in content-centric networks
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oi=bibs&cluster=9676576925899360515&btnI=1&hl=fr>
G Carofiglio, M Gallo, L Muscariello, M Papalini - … (INFOCOM NOMEN
WKSHPS), 2013

First implementation in ccnx-0.6 then ported to NFD years later and more
recently we still use it  for CICN.
Implementations have improved over the years but the idea is the same.

For RTC apps that's useful too, indeed.

At this year ICN conference there is Ilya and Dave Oran's work that you
should definitely look at.

Luca