[Nfd-dev] NFD build broken by ValidatorNull change

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Jul 22 14:21:00 PDT 2017

Dear folks

ndn-cxx Change 3646 <https://gerrit.named-data.net/3646> merged this
morning has a breaking change: ValidatorNull is moved from ndn namespace to
ndn::security::v2 namespace.
Also, ndn::nfd::Controller now expects ndn::security::v2::Validator instead
of ndn::security::Validator.

Currently, NFD, repo-ng, ndn-tools builds are all broken. I'll work on
fixes in the next few days.

If you are working on a task in one of these projects, you may continue to
use ndn-cxx:commit:2dd711d0a3796a0731f7fe86aba10b8c867edb4e locally, and
you can verify your build using ndn-cxx-breaks
<https://yoursunny.alwaysdata.net/ndn-cxx-breaks/> by specifying ndn-cxx
patch 4050,2. Once it's verified on ndn-cxx-breaks, please post the build
report link on Gerrit. I won't merge such Changes, but I'll review them at
higher priority than Changes without a successful build report.