[Nfd-dev] Emergency

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 21 16:35:32 PDT 2017

Hi Davide

> out
> >
> > It seems there's uncaught exception somewhere.
> > This looks like coming from ndn::nfd::Controller, and 10060 means
> "timeout".
> > It's probably caused by either NFD or NLSR not responding to NFD-RIB's
> > command, as the only usage of ndn::nfd::Controller is in NFD-RIB.
>
> I think the exception is thrown by FibUpdater::onUpdateError. NFD is
> repeatedly timing out on a FibAddNextHopCommand or
> FibRemoveNextHopCommand. After several failed retries, FibUpdater
> gives up and kills the whole daemon.
>
> Maybe there's a flood of requests and NFD can't keep up?

I might have to apologize for this one. I was working on a tunneling app
and it currently would keep 60 outstanding Interests and aggressively
retransmit. There's still a problem when the peer is offline, because NFD
would immediately Nack and the consumer would immediately send a new
Interest. I forgot to turn off my other endpoint yesterday so it may have
been blasting Interests. It's turned off now. I'll implement proper flow
control procedure before reconnecting it.