[Nfd-dev] Emergency

Dehart, John jdd at wustl.edu
Mon Aug 21 16:17:21 PDT 2017

OK. I’ll try to recreate it after SIGCOMM.

For now, I think I have an idea of the conditions that caused it but
we are still in our SIGCOMM demo session.  The problem has cleared for now.

Thanks,
John

On Aug 21, 2017, at 4:10 PM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu<mailto:shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>> wrote:

Hi John

> What does this message mean?
>
> 1503354619.041373 FATAL: [NFD] Non-recoverable error: request timed out code: 10060
It seems there's uncaught exception somewhere.
This looks like coming from ndn::nfd::Controller, and 10060 means "timeout". It's probably caused by either NFD or NLSR not responding to NFD-RIB's command, as the only usage of ndn::nfd::Controller is in NFD-RIB.

1503352769.396513 FATAL: [NFD] remote_endpoint: Transport endpoint is not connected
I've never seen this one. It probably comes from Boost libraries.
Please provide a stack trace when it occurs. Make sure to install debug symbols, and use 'bt full' instead of 'bt' to collect stack trace.