[Nfd-dev] nfdc route add issue with Ethernet Multicast

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Aug 17 15:28:35 PDT 2017

Hi Thiago

The prompt tells you to rerun with *FaceId*, not appending a "local"
argument.
The correct command is: nfdc route add /ndn 257

Yours, Junxiao

On Aug 17, 2017 3:21 PM, "Thiago Teixeira" <tteixeira at engin.umass.edu>
wrote:

I have NFD and ndn-cxx 5.1 installed on a few GENI machines. They are fresh
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS machines. I want to configure NDN over Ethernet
multicast, but encountered issues.

I tried to add a face using the command `nfdc route add /ndn
ether://[01:00:5e:00:17:aa]`, but since I have two Ethernet faces it threw
an error:

Multiple faces match specified remote FaceUri. Re-run the command with a
FaceId: 256 (local=dev://eth0), 257 (local=dev://eth1)

I re-ran the command appending the network device according to the above
message:

`nfdc route add /ndn ether://[01:00:5e:00:17:aa] local=dev://eth1`

But got the error:

cannot parse 'local' as an argument name

Also tried just the network device, as described here
<https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/FaceMgmt#Ethernet>, but
got the same message.

What’s the correct syntax?