[Nfd-dev] nNameTreeEntries revisited

Dehart, John jdd at wustl.EDU
Thu Sep 8 12:34:38 PDT 2016

Junxiao,

I thought we had but I searched for that and couldn’t find it.

Thanks.
John

On Sep 8, 2016, at 2:31 PM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu<mailto:shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>> wrote:

Hi John

This issue has been fixed in #3619<https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/3619>, but it's not deployed.
The patch will be included in NFD 0.5.0 release<https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/3762> scheduled on Sep 30.

Yours, Junxiao

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Dehart, John <jdd at wustl.edu<mailto:jdd at wustl.edu>> wrote:

All:

I have finally gotten back to trying to complete some monitoring tasks on the NDN Testbed.
In doing so I noticed an interesting occurence yesterday.

I am building up a set of Cacti graphs of monitored data from the NDN Testbed.
A while back we had noticed that the nNameTreeEntries counter sometimes grew
without ever shrinking back down. I am still seeing this.

Here are the graphs from Arizona, Memphis and UCLA from the last 24 hours:

<PastedGraphic-8.png>

<PastedGraphic-6.png>

<PastedGraphic-7.png>

As you can see the NameTree entries grows on Arizona and Memphis but does not come back down.
I believe we expect it to be more like what we see on UCLA where we get bumps that then come back down.

Also, we have other nodes like the WU node where we have this:

<PastedGraphic-9.png>

Here we see steady grown over a week long period.

If you are interested in looking at these and other graphs you can find them here:

http://ndndemo.arl.wustl.edu/cacti/index.php

login: guest
pw: ndnTest

Any thoughts or suggestions?