[Nfd-dev] Fwd: Redundant data transmissions on error-prone links

Hila Ben Abraham hila at wustl.edu
Mon Nov 28 10:55:04 PST 2016

Hi Philipp,

In the following topology a loop can be created when both A and D forward
an Interest with the same nonce to B. In this topology the Interest can be
received on two different faces.
A-->B-->C-->D

Saying that, I agree that there might be cases in which processing 'looped'
Interests can be helpful. The challenge in those cases is to identify those
packets and prevent forever forwarded Interests. We started exploring
differentiating strategy transmissions fron app transmissions  as a
possible solution to the problem, but it is still work in progress. You can
find some more information in this report
<http://openscholarship.wustl.edu/cse_research/910/> (section 5.2).

Hila