[Nfd-dev] nfd-start yield nothing after fresh installation

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jun 14 15:55:39 PDT 2016

Hi Ashlesh

Thanks for your report and bisect.
I’ve reported this as Bug 3650.

Yours, Junxiao

From: Ashlesh Gawande (agawande)
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:13
To: Thiago Teixeira; <nfd-dev at lists.cs.ucla.edu>
Subject: Re: [Nfd-dev] nfd-start yield nothing after fresh installation

I was having the same problem in Ubuntu 14.04. nfd-status does not work but I can run NLSR.
nfd-status would not even display an error connecting to the forwarder if NFD was not running.
The only option that worked was nfd-status -h.

I have NFD installed from source in two machines Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 15.10 (both are VMs).

I did a git pull and updated NFD on both to latest. nfd-status stopped working only on Ubuntu 14.04.
(ndn-cxx version was updated and installed before NFD)

I went back one by one until finally nfd-status worked with this commit:
https://github.com/named-data/NFD/commit/ace83ac9384da037a36695888e829d7337ce36b0