[Nfd-dev] Making NFD transmit a NACK

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 13 16:17:03 PDT 2016

Hi Jeff

NFD can naturally reply with a Nack in two cases:
Sending an Interest with same Nonce twice triggers a Nack with reason=Duplicate in response to the second transmission.
Sending an Interest with a name that do not match any route triggers a Nack with reason=NoRoute, if the active strategy is best-route.

Also, Teng developed a producer program that responds every Interest with a Nack. This program is in #3263 note-8 attachment, and can be modified to test different cases.
A library implementation should be prepared to handle any Nack reason code (including undefined codes) and also a Nack without reason.

Yours, Junxiao