[Nfd-dev] NFD for Android

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Sep 17 23:32:18 PDT 2015

Hi Percy,

There are two elements that you would need to experiment with NDN on Android platform: NFD and libraries, specifically Java library to support NDN communication.

I'm guessing that you already know that we have a port of NFD forwarder on Android.  It is not yet officially released and is much work in progress, but you can build a working version from the source code (https://github.com/named-data-mobile/NFD-android <https://github.com/named-data-mobile/NFD-android>).   Just in case, at the time of this email, there is a small issue with the code, but this will be fixed in a few days.

We also have an extensive Java NDN library (jNDN, https://github.com/named-data/jndn <https://github.com/named-data/jndn>).  It should be very simple to enable use of this library in the android app project.  You may want to check a few app examples that UCLA students made in the spring:
- https://github.com/dchimeraan/ndn-hangman <https://github.com/dchimeraan/ndn-hangman>
- https://github.com/ohnonoho/photoSharing <https://github.com/ohnonoho/photoSharing>
- https://github.com/sumitgouthaman/NDNWhiteboard <https://github.com/sumitgouthaman/NDNWhiteboard>

---