[Nfd-dev] Install OpenSSL on jenkins OS X vm

Yingdi Yu yingdi at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jul 6 11:09:42 PDT 2015

Hi all,

As we add OpenSSL support back into ndn-cxx, we need to install openssl on jenkins OS X vm. The original OpenSSL on OS X 10.7 and later are all marked as deprecated, because Apple decided to use its own Common Crypto library for OS X applications. According to Apple “If you are doing a Unix application or something that uses OpenSSL, you need to get OpenSSL from MacPorts.org <http://macports.org/>”. I suspect current Jenkins vm does not have openssl installed from macport, which causes some build errors. Please help us to install openssl. Thanks!

Yingdi