[Nfd-dev] smart flooding strategy

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Jan 31 19:49:27 PST 2015

Hi Lan

In the next month or so, I'll focus on designing strategy building blocks
so that a strategy designer can compose different features into a strategy
to fit different needs (#2000).

You could duplicate access router strategy and make changes in a separate
experimental branch, but I don't recommend trying to commit that into
master, because it would double the maintenance work in case a bug is found
and fixed in access router strategy.
After #2000 is complete, "smart flooding" could be composed as "access
router strategy" with addition of probing building block.

Bug 2452 is scheduled for target version v0.3, which means it must be fixed
before v0.3 release.

Upon RTO expiration of the last working nexthop, the Interest will be
multicasted to all other nexthops. There is no disagreement in this
particular point.

Yours, Junxiao