[Nfd-dev] NFDC Register

Ivan Yeo ivanyeo at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jan 26 04:27:07 PST 2015

Hi all,

I ran into some issues when I tried to run the following command on my localhost with NFD running:
nfdc register /ndn tcp4://spurs.cs.ucla.edu/

What I am trying to achieve is to modify the RIB so that I am able to forward the expressed name: /ndn/org/caida/ping/78038.0 through my localhost. However, the error message is shown as such:

ERROR: Face creation failed: Invalid URI (code: 408)
Obtain faceId failure: Canonize faceUri failed : Remote endpoint hostname or port cannot be resolved: Invalid argument

I'm not too sure if I'm missing anything or doing something wrong?

I'll keep looking around for now. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ivan