[Nfd-dev] Secure websocket support in NFD?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 23 12:36:02 PST 2015

Hi Wentao

Purchasing certificates shouldn't be a problem. Entry level certificates
can be purchased within 10 minutes.
During development and testing, you could use your own CA (Windows Server
Certificate Authority or OpenSSL).

The configuration file should just accept:

* a private key
* a bundle of certificates including root CA, intermediate CAs, and site
certificate

Yours, Junxiao

On Jan 23, 2015 1:30 PM, "Wentao Shang" <wentaoshang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Junxiao,
>
> Alex reminded me of another important issue: if we want to serve
https/wss, we need to get certificates from CAs somehow. I don't have
experience with https deployment so not sure how difficult this will be.