[Nfd-dev] thread safety of ndn::face::expressInterest()

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at UCLA.EDU
Wed Jan 21 12:17:36 PST 2015

Hi Shuo,

There shouldn’t be problem expressing interests (or do any other job) with ndn-cxx within multiple threads.  However, there is a strong requirement that Face::processEvents (or io_service::run) is called exactly once in some thread (doesn’t really matter which one).

The library will ensure that interests expressed from different threads are properly synchronized/serialized.

—
Alex