[Nfd-dev] RPM guru wanted

Susmit susmit at cs.colostate.edu
Tue Jan 13 22:07:22 PST 2015

Submitting it to official repo is definitely a better idea. The RPM
will go through the review process and we will have access to the
Fedora
build systems. At the same time, it might take a while to get
approved. We can host it on named-data.net in the meantime.

I will work on creating a RPM next week.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Alex Afanasyev
<alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu> wrote:

>> On Jan 14, 2015, at 12:44 AM, Susmit <susmit at cs.colostate.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Are we looking to include NFD in the official Fedora/CentOS repo or
>> just planning to host them on named-data.net?
>
> In the ideal world, we would like to include the rpms in the official repo.  More realistically, we will just host them somewhere on named-data.net (or some other public rpm hosting service, like launchpad for Ubuntu's .deb).
>
> ---
> Alex
>
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Junxiao Shi
>> <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu> wrote:
>>> Dear folks
>>>
>>> Does someone on this list know how to build RPM packages for Fedora or
>>> CentOS platform?
>>> We want to publish NFD binary packages for those platforms.
>>>
>>> If you know a thing or two about RPM packaging, or startup configuration
>>> (init daemon) on those platforms,
>>> please have a look at http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1587 and post a
>>> note on that issue, or reply-all to this message.
>>>
>>> Yours, Junxiao

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Susmit