[Nfd-dev] Index-based NDN Repository Doubt

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 5 09:41:54 PDT 2015

Hi Navdeep

All query algorithms are designed to find the best match among stored Data in a repository that satisfy the Interest.
A Data satisfy an Interest if the Interest Name is a prefix of the Data fullName, and the Data fullName does violate any selector other than ChildSelector.
A Data is the best match among stored Data in a repository or cache if it satisfies the rules of ChildSelector.

The Data ndn:/ndn/edu/videos/vid1/A/1998123123…. does not satisfy an Interest ndn:/A, so the query algorithm will not return this Data.

Yours, Junxiao