[Nfd-dev] Building NFD on Windows

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 31 10:04:28 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

It is likely that the software used to interface with the Siemens building monitoring system that we will access as part of the "enterprise building automation and management" network environment has a Windows SDK.    I believe that we have already tested building NDN-CPP on Windows.    Has any one tried to build and run NFD on Windows?

Can we consider adding support for this if it is not already there?  I realize it is not a favorite for many academic CS environments, especially in the US, but it is fairly common in enterprise environments such as building monitoring.  Being able to build against SDKs and/or run NDN-enabled applications on the same boxes as these enterprise applications would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jeff