[Nfd-dev] Supporting objects larger than 8KB

Christos Papadopoulos christos at cs.colostate.edu
Wed Oct 29 12:42:12 PDT 2014

I should have been more clear in my question.

I was asking if there is a reason not to make it configurable.
The answers I got offer wisdom about not exceeding size X when running
over the big-I Internet.

I want to separate the question of selecting the appropriate size and
what NFD should support.

If I have my private network where I want to support a large object size
or even if I want to experiment with different sizes to try out
different fragmentation algorithms, I should be able to do it, right?

Hopefully the max object size is a configuration parameter somewhere and
NFD does not make any assumptions.

Maybe the answer is go ahead and try it and file a bug report if it
breaks :-)

Christos.