[Nfd-dev] Moving and re-licensing parts of NFD code to ndn-cxx (was Re: License boilerplate for code imported from NFD to ndn-cxx)

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Oct 7 15:34:13 PDT 2014

In any case. Let me try to close this particular issue and this is how we should have handled it in the first place.

* * *

We are moving several pieces of code from NFD codebase (GPL licensed) to ndn-cxx codebase (LGPL licensed).
These include:

- [NFD] core/ethernet.cpp -> [ndn-cxx] src/util/ethernet.cpp
- [NFD] core/ethernet.hpp -> [ndn-cxx] src/util/ethernet.hpp
- [NFD] core/face-uri.cpp -> [ndn-cxx] src/util/face-uri.cpp
- [NFD] core/face-uri.hpp -> [ndn-cxx] src/util/face-uri.hpp
- [NFD] tests/core/ethernet.cpp -> [ndn-cxx] tests/unit-tests/util/ethernet.cpp
- [NFD] tests/core/face-uri.cpp -> [ndn-cxx] tests/unit-tests/util/face-uri.cpp

As part of the move, it is necessary to re-license these files to be LGPL license, instead of original GPL, as the licenses are not compatible.

We will retain the original copyright no these files, which is collectively owned by Regents of the University of California, Arizona Board of Regents, Colorado State University, University Pierre & Marie Curie, Sorbonne University, Washington University in St. Louis, Beijing Institute of Technology, and The University of Memphis.

This re-licensing is performed according to our previous agreement to keep the codebase open.  Please let us know if there are specific concerns this re-licensing.

* * *

---
Alex