[Nfd-dev] License boilerplate for code imported from NFD to ndn-cxx

Davide Pesavento davide.pesavento at lip6.fr
Tue Oct 7 09:44:43 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Alex Afanasyev
<alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu> wrote:

> In this specific case, as Davide pointed out, we are required by the law to preserve the original copyright.  Technically speaking, we will need agreement with each copyright holder to change the license, but I hope this is not an issue at the moment.

Hope doesn't help in lawsuits. It's better to do this right. And it's
also very simple in this case since I am the sole author of the
Ethernet code, while FaceUri was written by Junxiao, Wentao, and you
(according to git). It takes less than 5 minutes to ask 3 people if
they're ok with the relicensing.