[Nfd-dev] NDN-RTC poke Data to CS

Davide Pesavento davidepesa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:16:20 PDT 2014

On Mar 18, 2014 10:57 PM, "Junxiao Shi" <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu> wrote:

> I want to inform you that NFD will not admit any unsolicited Data from non-local face.

Is this really the long term plan? If so, it would be a major problem
for us too. V-NDN heavily relies on the ability to cache unsolicited
Data packets that are overheard on the wireless channel, disallowing
it will break this V-NDN functionality.

So I'm asking to provide a way to enable unsolicited Data caching in
NFD. A simple per-face boolean flag would do the job, and the
performance impact of an additional "if" would be negligible.

> they will be the first to get evicted when CS is full.

This makes sense, although this decision could be delegated to an
independent class (or function) that encapsulates the eviction policy,
instead of being hardcoded in the CS code.

Thanks,
Davide