[Nfd-dev] NFD RIB Daemon - trigger FIB updates from RIB

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jun 24 21:34:18 PDT 2014

Dear folks

The only reasons for FIB update failures are: (a) authentication error; (b)
face is closed; (c) timeouts.

   - Authentication error (RIB Daemon's certificate is not trusted by NFD)
   is not recoverable, so RIB Daemon should crash.
   - If face is closed, the whole batch is abandoned because all RIB
   updates in the batch are referring to a non-existent face; FIB reversing is
   unnecessary, because FIB will independently delete all NextHop records
   using the closing face.
   - In case of a timeout, the FIB update should be retried until it
   succeeds or has an unrecoverable failure, or until the face is closed.

In any of the above reasons, FIB reversing is unnecessary.

Yours, Junxiao