[Nfd-dev] repo-ng performance issues prevent porting the BMS application

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 10 09:55:42 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

As you have probably heard from Wentao, performance issues in repo-ng, especially for large database sizes, have prevented a successful port of the current BMS data gathering applications that worked under NDNx.

Given both the criticality of the repo to many NDN applications and this specific requirement for one of the NP network environments, it would be great if there are any short-term fixes that could be applied. (Also, perhaps the next round of repository work could consider application performance requirements more directly.)

Please let me know how the apps folks can help as well as what the plans and performance targets are for a fix.     If necessary, we can consider building a repo on the application side too, We plan to gather a much larger data set from campus building systems by Fall, so this is critical for us.

Thanks!
Jeff