[Nfd-dev] Question about test / dependencies

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Jul 18 14:14:52 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,

Given that we are no longer using master branch for ndn-cxx and NFD (e.g., for preparation of the release, we are using now release-* branches),  how exactly jenkins checks should be organized?  Should we somehow manually in jenkins script match branches or should we introduce explicit notion of dependencies?

What I have in mind is that we include .jenkins build script(s) inside the repo, instead of keeping it(them) in just jenkins config.  This way, all test dependencies can be explicitly defined.  Is that reasonable?

Alternative is to use git submodules to track specific version of the library, but I don't really like this idea.

---