[Nfd-dev] Feedback request for public release text

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at UCLA.EDU
Tue Jul 8 09:31:46 PDT 2014

On Jul 8, 2014, at 8:58 AM, "Lan Wang (lanwang)" <lanwang at memphis.edu> wrote:

>> On Jul 8, 2014, at 12:08 AM, Alex Afanasyev <alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I just finished making the first draft for the public release text that suppose to go to several public mailing lists.
>>
>> Please take a look and give your comments asap.
>>
>> Questions I have so far:
>> 1. Isn't it too much for the announcement?  Would it better to just refer to website where we would have similar text?
>
> The level of details looks good to me.  It's good to have some details in the email announcement (at least for record keeping) as the website may be updated later.
>
>> 2. Shall we refer our testbed deployment?  If yes, then should we add a join invitation like "if you want to join our Testbed, here is the link to the joining policy..." ?
>
> I'm not sure if the timing is good right now … maybe wait until when the testbed is updated with the new code and is relatively stable.

Hi Lan,

Thanks for the comments.

The announcement suppose to go out after nfd is deployed on testbed. So, my question is whether this fact needs to be emphasized or not.

> By the way, why is this "the initial public release (version 0.2.0)"?  what about 0.1.0

0.2.0 is the first _public_ release.  0.1.0 was only out internal release.

---
Alex