[Nfd-dev] [Operators] monitoring data plane

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 20 04:20:14 PDT 2014

Hi Jeff

http://yoursunny.com/p/ndn6/reachability/ is a multi-HUB test.
Both programs have the same drawback: measured delay includes not only the
delay between HUBs, but also the delay from laptop to connected HUB.

In making this multi-HUB reachability test, I have the following experience:

   - Do not send ping as first Interest, because its measured delay may
   contain the time spent to establish WebSocket connection. Instead, send a
   dummy Interest (eg. "ndn:/"), and send the first ping after the dummy
   Interest is satisfied or timed out.
   - Do not send too many Interests at the same time. Delay is
   significantly increased if rate is more than 5 Interests/second, due to CPU
   bottleneck (on a Windows 7 laptop). Chrome's CPU usage should be kept under
   2% for measured delay to be accurate.
   - ndnpingserver must use RSA signature. SHA256 digest signatures cannot
   be decoded by ndn-js (Feature #1851
   <http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1851>).

Yours, Junxiao